Q-Free Open Roads has entered into a contract to implement and maintain a new Statewide Advanced Transportation Management System for the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) in the US. The order value is approximately 200 MNOK, and the contract has a duration of four years. In addition, there are three optional two-year extensions.
Q-Free will deliver it’s centralized web-based Open TMS software and services, that will bring five Transportation Operations Centers (TOC) on a single statewide platform and provide VDOT with many advantages and advanced features, including:
– Consistent operations throughout the state
– Technology upgrade from a client/server application to a hosted browser based application that is accessible through a standard web browser
– Highly available architecture providing uninterrupted operations for mission-critical TOC functions
– Ability to provide supplemental operations for TOC’s in the event of an emergency such as TOC infrastructure maintenance, a network or power outage
– Facilitate consistent and planned responses to incidents through statewide automated Response Plans
– Reduced maintenance costs due to the elimination of regionally maintained systems and incorporation of the VaTraffic and Lane Closure applications into a single State wide solution
– Integrated Active Traffic Management system
– We are very pleased to continue our strong and lengthy partnership with the Virginia Department of Transportation and excited about the opportunity to bring them to the forefront of traffic management technology. This contract further builds our record high order backlog going into 2017, states President & CEO in Q-Free, Håkon Volldal.
The delivery will start immediately.
For further information, please contact:
President & CEO, Håkon Volldal: +47 977 19 973
CFO, Roar Østbø: +47 932 45 175
Q-Free is a leading global supplier of ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) products and solutions. The company has approximately 470 employees, offices in 20 countries, and presence on all continents. Headquartered in Trondheim, Norway, Q-Free is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker QFR.