Systems Database Engineer/Network
Location: Chesapeake, VA (hybrid) or Remote
Q-Free is the prime mover in intelligent traffic management solutions. Our company works to create sustainable smart cities where people and goods safely and efficiently move through traffic infrastructure. Our teams work on cutting-edge projects using innovative ideas that have been created by collaborating with their colleagues.
We currently have an opening for a Systems Database Engineer/Network for the Operations division. The ideal candidate possesses:
- Geospatial databases (i.e. Oracle Spatial, PostGIS, etc.)
- Successfully worked with software development team
Most Important Work Tasks
- Demonstrate initiative to identify issues, develop solutions, and champion the implementation
- Analyze, design, create, and implement highly complex database applications
- Support high availability database infrastructure including Oracle RAC and Data Guard technology and hosted managed services for databases such as, but not limited to, Oracle, MongoDB, and PostgreSQL
- Support database migration activities including establishing migration schema and developing migration scripts
- Support report generation for custom reports in reporting tools such as, but not limited to, Jasper Reports, SSRS, and MongoDB Compass (or equivalent)
- Ensure that database improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency
- Review systems under development and work closely with application teams from inception to production deployment
- Support development to optimize database design and queries
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Ability to apply networking concepts to secure design and troubleshooting
Your Experience and Knowledge
- Must have a high level of professionalism, integrity, and a strong commitment to quality, ability to multi-task, and meet project deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with geospatial database extensions (Oracle Spatial, PostGIS, etc.)
- Experience working directly with a Software Development Team
- Experience supporting web and standalone applications that have database back ends
- Knowledge of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) is a plus
- Programming experience with Hibernate or reporting tools such as Jasper Reports is a plus
- 5+ years of experience using SQL and database client tools
Q-Free America ensures our employees are happy and healthy. Our dynamic and comprehensive benefits package allows our employees to take care of themselves and their families. Our benefits package includes, but is not limited to – health, vision, dental, 401 (k) plan, EAP, flexible benefits; also company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability!
For more information, visit our website at www.q-free.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Q-Free proudly celebrates diversity in our employees.
EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disabled Drug-Free Workplace