Lead or Senior Software Engineer – Back-End Node.js
Q-Free is the prime mover in intelligent traffic management solutions. Our company works to create sustainable smart cities where people and goods safely and efficiently move through traffic infrastructure. Our software engineers work on cutting-edge projects using innovative ideas that have been created by collaborating with their colleagues. Software development is critical to Q-Free and the success of our customers. We currently have an opening for a Software Engineer for the Technology division.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Ability to implement back-end Node.js services
- Focus on quality, performance, consistency, and time-to-market
The following are required skills:
- Graph QL and/or Rest
Most Important Work Tasks
- Supports design, development, implementation, and maintenance of software programming applications.
- Completes most development activities independently.
- Works on complicated tasks that may require an in-depth level of engineering knowledge.
- Has extensive knowledge in software programming concepts, practices, and procedures and knows when and how to apply them to their work.
- Understands the programming language they are working in to design and refactor for performance and scalability.
- Relies on experience and judgment when estimating, prioritizing, planning, and coordinating work.
- Able to break down work into consumable tasks and identify how much work is required to complete the tasks.
- Conducts code reviews in a timely manner and identifies discrepancies in logic pertaining to the task at hand.
- Documents supporting installation instructions and basic user operations and troubleshooting manuals.
- Supports system configuration along with supports application deployments inclusive of occasional after-hours assistance.
- Actively participates and leads by example in organization’s software development processes and test strategies.
- Recognizes software programming problems/issues and provides solutions for review by manager.
- Executes work efficiently and meets agreed on deadlines.
- Takes direction and both positive and critical feedback in a constructive manner.
- Continuously demonstrates improvements to skills over time.
- Holds at least 2 Engineering roles.
Note: additional duties may be assigned as the position evolves
Q-Free America ensures our employees are happy and healthy. Our dynamic and comprehensive benefits package allows our employees to take care of themselves and their families. Our benefits package includes, but is not limited to – health, vision, dental, 401 (k) plan, EAP, flexible benefits; also company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Q-Free proudly celebrates diversity in our employees.
EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disabled Drug-Free Workplace