Webinar: Creating an Open & Secure Multi-Vendor, Traffic Ecosystem
- Events /
- Webinar: Creating an Open & Secure Multi-Vendor, Traffic Ecosystem
Join us and guest panelist Mark Taylor from Utah DOT as we discuss the importance and need to create an open and secure multi-vendor, traffic ecosystem. Hosted by ITE Industry Council.
Wednesday, September 30, 2020
11:00 am PDT | 2:00 pm EDT
The ITE Industry Council is hosting Q-Free and guest panelist, Mark Taylor from Utah DOT, for a webinar about creating an open and secure multi-vendor, traffic ecosystem.
Today’s traffic signal ecosystem is filled with more ITS devices than ever to safely operate an intersection, coordinate with nearby signals, integrate with connected or automated vehicles, and produce valuable data-based insights. To fully leverage the advanced functionality of all devices, it’s important to create an open environment where ITS devices can communicate with one another. This webinar will address the need for sharing communication protocols for agencies to best serve their communities using their chosen ITS devices – specifically addressing why this does not jeopardize safety and security. We’ll discuss security tips and strategies such as secure transport protocols, user access controls, and API authentication for deploying multi-vendor solutions and touch on the necessary evolution of transportation security in an increasingly connected world.
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants should be able to:
- Illustrate the need for sharing communication protocols for agencies to best serve their communities
- Provide practitioners with tips and strategies for deploying open solutions
- Understand the need to apply modern security practices in parallel with the deployment of multi-vendor device integrations
- Tom Stiles, Executive Vice President of Urban Solutions | Q-Free
- Mark Taylor, Traffic Signal Operations Engineer | Utah DOT
ITE Public Agency Members: Free
Other ITE Members: $49.00